CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas Eve Evening

We started a new (hopefully) tradition for our Christmas Eve dinner. We ordered Chinese take-out! It was so good. We opened Christmas Eve jammies, then let the kids open the presents that they bought for each other. We took them to the dollar store a few weeks before and let them pick out a present for each other and Ty and me. It was cute to watch how excited they were about what they were giving. This year Jerrica had some money saved up to buy giftls. She bought Ty a new frying pan and couldn't contain her excitement as he opened it. She knew that he wanted one and I loved watching how happy she was to give her Dad something that she had spent her own money on and knew he would love. We read some scriptures, had family prayer and they were all asleep pretty early! It was a great night!
















4 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we are moving towards Valentines Day?.? What an interesting tradition! Fa ra ra ra ra!

Smith Family said...

I told my family that we need to start doing our own Christmas Eve traditions. Our family is getting too big. What a fun idea to take the kids to the dollar store. I definitely want to steal that idea next year!

Unknown said...

Those poor Chinese people having to cook your food instead of being home with their own families. Well, I hope it was yummy.
Just joking. That sounds like a great plan to me. Glad you all had such a nice time.

Kat said...

Can't wait to see you for Charise's wedding!!! I saw the pictures your mom has in the kitchen. Your family is so cute Nicole!!